Autumn Term 2020
Salary: Dependant on qualifications/experience
Hours: Full-Time 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday (term-time only) plus meetings. There may be potential for additional hours during our Summer Holiday Club.
Start Date: Starting as soon as possible.
Flexibility with hours to cover a breakfast club from 8am is desirable.
Qualifications: A minimum of Level 3 in Childcare and Education, good working knowledge of the EYFS. A minimum of two years experience of working in an early years environment is essential. Experience of working as part of a Management team is desirable.
The role will be to work as Deputy Manager, and as part of the Pre-School team under the direction of the Manager. You will assist with the planning and delivery of safe, high quality education and care for the Pre-School Children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting. You will work with the Parent Committee to help run a successful Pre-School in a fun and safe environment.
1. To assist the Manager with the day to day running of Pre-School.
2. To assist with weekly planning of resources, guided by children’s interests and using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework for guidance.
3. To act as Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer in the absence of the Manager.
4. To ensure the welfare and safety of children is promoted.
5. To take responsibility for Pre-school in the absence of the Pre-school Supervisor.
6. To help to set up and prepare activities for the children and to keep the classrooms tidy.
7. To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
8. To observe, assess and plan for children’s learning and development, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experience.
Deadline for applications: 29th September 2020
To request an application form for the role and a copy of the job description, please email: email@example.com or call 07504 831149
Purley Pre-School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children. Applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service.